The ECB issued new guidelines - May 15th – regarding the steps Clubs should take to remain safe whilst undertaking exercise in an outdoor cricket environment. These guidelines have been produced in line with the UK Government guidance on public places, outdoor activity and exercise published on 11 May 2020.
The Practice Nets at Horley Cricket Club remain closed except when the guidelines below are adhered to.
- Do not use the nets if you or a member of your household has symptoms of coronavirus however mild – observe government advice
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using the facility. Please bring hand cleanser with you as no club facilities will be available. Do not touch your face.
- Observe Social Distancing (minimum 2 metres) at all times
- Usage of the net has to be pre-booked with the Chairman on 0785 2998172. If texting please leave a name. Your preferred slot will hopefully be available to you. No unauthorised use. If unauthorised Government and Insurance regulations are broken.
- Each time slot is a maximum 45 minutes starting on the hour – with 15 minutes between bookings
- Maximum two people using the net unless everyone is from the same household
- Use your own equipment if possible (including balls) – no saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- The bowling machine may be available – ask at booking. Please note the feeder has to be 18.
- Please replace the rope across the front of the net when finishing your session
This is a small step forward, but hopefully will help us get a little bit of cricket. We need to follow the above Government/ECB guidelines otherwise the net facility may have to close.
Keep safe and well